17 June 2013

Woodland Theme Nursery

Since finding out that we are having a baby boy, I have been looking for inspiration for the baby's nursery. Thanks to my Pinterest addiction, I have found plenty of gorgeous images to inspire me! 

 ***
I've decided to go with a woodland theme (or "bush land" as they say here in Australia). Glen didn't object to this idea, so I'm taking that as a sign of his approval. We love to go for hikes/ bush walks, so this idea is close to my heart. Not to mention, all the things I've been looking at are just so darn cute!

 ***
 ***

I'm picturing a kind of fantasy land where American and Australian animals are playing in harmony, and the sun, moon, and stars are shining happily from above. The colours I would like to use are those found in forests, such as grey, brown, green, blue, and yellow. I think our little one will enjoy this special make-believe land created in his nursery.

 etsy
 etsy
 etsy

 ebay
 ***

Yesterday, we went to Ikea, to look for some things for the nursery. We are going to use the Hemnes dresser in grey-brown for a changing table. I would love to hang an art collage above the dresser. I want to make some cute bunting, to hang above the cot/ crib. We already bought the cot from Target, which is white. Also, a friend of mine has given us an adorable pale blue gingham bassinet. I don't think we will have enough space for a chair in the nursery. 
We will need to move to a larger place (a rental, again), with three bedrooms, to have enough room for the baby. We are renting a two-bedroom unit now, and Glen's daughters stay in the second bedroom, when they visit us. In the meantime, I've planned how we can squeeze the nursery stuff into our bedroom, since the baby will sleep in there, anyway, for the first few months.

 Ikea
 Ikea
 Ikea
 Ikea
 Ikea
 Ikea

We only have about four months left to go until the baby's arrival, so I'm feeling the clock ticking! I want to get everything ready quite soon.

***
For more nursery inspiration, see my Pinterest board, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute. precious. glad you are loved, enjoying this experience and are able to plan a future with Glen. nice set.

lamb and blonde said...

Thank you so much, Ms. Smart! :)