01 October 2012

Elegant Neutrals











Grey... Beige... Greige...

There is something timelessly elegant about a soft neutral colour scheme. As much as I adore sweet pastels, vibrant juicy hues, and deeper tones, a subtle neutral palette always soothes my eye.

{Image sources: 1 - 4, 5}

.......

On a side note, my boyfriend and I scored two as-new unfinished wooden bedside tables for $25 each at a thrift store yesterday, along with a lovely (and huge!) oval mirror with floral gilt trim, at the local Sunday market. It was a happy thrifting day! 

I need to get into DIY crafty mode soon, to spruce up our finds. I would like to paint the tables a dark chocolate colour, and get new drawer pulls for them (either faceted glass, ideally, or gold ring hooks). The mirror just needs some re-touching on the gold bits, and then it will be ready to be hung over our bed. Now let's see if fate will be kind enough to let me find a new doonah/ duvet cover, in a pretty floral perhaps, for spring and summer, and maybe a dresser to match the tables (shhh! don't tell G I said that!).

2 comments:

Inga said...

Fun :) I need to find my DIY mode too. Things to do just pile up!

lamb and blonde said...

I know what you mean, Inga! There are so many things I would like to get around to doing. Just got to start one, I guess. :)