05 November 2011

I heart toile

 via domino mag (R.I.P.)
 via
 via
via
 source unknown

via
 via
 via

via
via
 via

There is something utterly romantic about toile de jouy prints. Call me old-fashioned, but this kind of pattern, whether it be portraying clandestine lovers in the woods, elegant chinoiserie scenes, or children frolicking in ruffled smocks, toile just makes me swoon. I especially like blue toile, since I'm a cool color kinda gal. Pink toile is very feminine and sweet. 

Perhaps my fondness for toile comes from spending lots of time, as a child, closely examining--and getting a bit lost in, the green toile wallpaper of my Aunt Judy's dining room, as my parents played cards with my aunt and uncle. I'm sure my imagination led me on quite an adventure, while I was looking at the idyllic pastoral scenes patterning that room. 

Now I would be happy to have just a spot of toile in my own space, such as a toile cushion or picture frame. But, if you are daring enough to go for grande, why not do a whole room?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I love all of these! There really is something so romantic and vintage about these! Thanks for sharing! So glad you liked my spotlight on Sheye. :-)

p.s. if you go to Australia will you take me along in your luggage?! ha

xoxo
Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com

lamb and blonde said...

It's good to see you, Aarean!

lamb and blonde said...

I will be going back to Oz in a few weeks, actually! Feel free to visit if you ever are in Adelaide, South Australia.